Software Engineer Apprentice MISOFT MARKETING LIMITED
An exciting role has become available with this well-established Web/ Software Company based in Coventry. Are you passionate about IT? Are you looking to get into software and web development? Then this role is for you. Our clients are looking for a passionate individual to join the team.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
04 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Develop documentation for software requirements
- Write well-designed, testable code according to the company’s coding standards.
- Produce functional and technical specifications.
- Document functionality of changes and additions to software.
- Use source control in accordance with company procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all of the business’s products and services
- Achieve targets/objectives/standards as set by the Business
- Attend training and departmental meetings as required
- Review working practices and look to improve existing procedures and systems
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with own team, other departments, branches and external Companies
- Work within the parameters of the Business’s policies and procedures e.g. confidentiality, health & safety, IT/Email, Data Protection, Dress code etc.
- Assist with coaching and training of colleagues as required
- Demonstrate and maintain professional conduct at all times, portraying the Business in the way requested by the owner
- Carry our all duties to a consistently high standard for the benefit of the business and its employees
- Demonstrate motivational qualities at all times
- Assist all departments with internal queries
Requirements and prospects
- Good problem solving skills
- Good English communication skills
- Works well independently and in a team
- Time management
- Flexible manner to adopt new challenges and input from peers and colleagues
- Self -driven for progressive learning and development
- Keen to accept responsibility and accountability
- Committed to achieving project / company goals
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
MISOFT MARKETING LIMITED
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Birmingham for 16 days of training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard –Software Development Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017