Level 2 Assistant Pet/Animal Stylist Apprentice Pets at Home Ltd
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business. You will work alongside the Salon Manager and other Groom Room colleagues to ensure a high standard of pet care and customer service.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
02 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows;
- You’ll deliver the very highest standard of pet care, your main responsibility will be the prepping and bathing of pets, as well as clipping their nails in preparation for the Stylist/Salon Manager to carry out the required groom.
- You will exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service.
- Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
- You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
- Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7.
We offer a comprehensive in-house training programme, designed to develop our Assistant Stylists’ grooming skills, starting with bathing and brushing skills, then moving onto clipping dogs and eventually developing scissoring skills, so you can style pooches with fabulous results every time!
Requirements and prospects
- Strong dog handling expeirence is required for this role and confidence handling a variety of different dog breeds.
- Some practical experience of handling pets in a professional grooming or pet care environment preferred.
- You will be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as be a great team player.
- You will be hungry to be part of a successful salon and you'll be proactive in your approach.
- Must have A-C in GCSEs or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Full training will be provided throughout the Level 2 Animal Care apprenticeship.
- Full support and training will be provided for any Functional Skills required,
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KEITS Training Services Ltd
Rosalind South 07833 051434 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017