Apprentice Care Assistant Faversham Nursing Home
The Apprentice will assist in meeting the holistic needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes well-being and independence. They will also help maintain in the home a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Due to the evening work includes candidates must be 18 and above to apply.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
28 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
**Due to the working hours required within this role candidates must be 18 and above to apply.**
Day to day activities and responsibilities include the following.
- Undertake the role of key worker with a group of residents under the supervision of the named Nurse. Respect residents’ rights to privacy, dignity and choice.
- Provide holistic care in accordance with individual care plans with the aim of enhancing the residents’ social, physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
- Engage in social care activities with residents throughout the day (and night if appropriate), according to the care plan and as recommended by the Nurse in charge and/or the Activities Facilitator.
- Relate positively and spontaneously with residents to enhance their experience and well-being, either whilst providing private individual care or in communal settings, all the while preserving their dignity and respect.
- Answer call bells promptly, asses situations and take appropriate action.
- Assist with the induction of new staff, in accordance with the induction policy.
- Assist residents who need help with personal hygiene carried out safely according to the organisation’s policy and procedures and the resident’s individual care plan.
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Where there is a need for residents to be moved, then reference must be made to the care plan/risk assessment to ensure that the manoeuvre can be carried out safely.
- Assist in the care of residents who are unwell or dying.
- Assist residents to compile life-story materials and encourage discussion about their interests, memories and ambitions.
- Receive, record and communicate information and messages in accordance with the home’s procedures.
- Liaise with relatives, advocates, friends, volunteers and other professional agencies.
- Meet and greet visitors to the home and establish identity in accordance with the home’s security systems.
- Attend and participate in a minimum of two staff meetings per year.
- Maintain all residents’ records and give written and verbal reports, whilst ensuring confidentiality.
- Support the ancillary staff in carrying out general housekeeping duties as and when required. Work the shifts that are allocated to you. This may include weekends and nights.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain all aspects of confidentiality.
- Clear verbal communication skills.
- Open listening skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions.
Show sensitivity to the needs of others.
Willingness to be trained and developed.
A-D GCSE Grades in Maths and English. Or equivalent qualifications being Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
Faversham Nursing Home
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English, if required.
Health and Social Care
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017