Apprentice Plastic Fabricator Mimtec
You will learn fabrication activities including operation of the 3 axis CNC router. You will learn all manufacturing stages after trimming including plastic fabrication, oven forming, line bending and assembly of items including, inspection and packing.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will learn how to be a skilled manual Plastic Fabricator capable of all types of drape moulding and fabrication work, including working to high standards with Acrylic.
- You will gain an insight into the problems experienced by the production team.
- You will learn how interact with people within different departments and how projects are taken from inception through design to the delivery of the customer’s designs.
- You will learn to operating a variety of equipment including Table Saw, Diamond Polisher, Table Routers, Hand Drilling, CNC Router and Oven Forming.
- You will learn how to maintain good housekeeping standards.
Requirements and prospects
- You must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions demonstrating a good attention to detail.
- You will also need to develop good communication skills and be computer literate.
- You will need to be accurate and thorough in your approach to work with an ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management.
- Working effectively as part of a team, you will also need to demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently.
- You will need good legible handwriting to complete forms and documentation Safety awareness and willigness to follow instruction is important.
- Good written and spoken communication skills, punctual, reliable and responsible.
- Well organised, good at planning ahead and can meet deadlines.
- You will need to be focused, self-motivated with an ambition to succeed.
- A “can do” positive attitude coupled with a good level of communication skills will enable you to realise your ambition to develop new skills.
Minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C (4) or above including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Mimtec are members of the local group training association PETA and have a number of apprentices coming through the business further developing our depth of skills and expertise.
You will be required to attend one of PETA’s training centres for off-the-job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will work towards the following qualifications:
- Improving Own Performance (following the Performing Manufacturing Operations (PMO) Level 2 programme)
- Diploma in Environmental Awareness (requiring 3 days of release from the workplace)
- Additionally PETA will deliver functional skills in Maths and English if you do not possess a GCSE pass at grade C (4) or above.
Improving Operational Performance
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PETA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today