Apprentice CNC Programmer / Operator (5 Axis Router) Mimtec
You will learn all aspects of Mimtec’s business, from selecting materials setting to operating the vacuum forming equipment. You will learn how to program and operate the 5 axis CNC Routers manufacturing resin tools for the vacuum forming areas.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
03 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You will learn how to use a wide range of manufacturing equipment and processes, including learning how to manufacture products using the vacuum forming plant on site
- You will gain an insight into the problems experienced by the production team
- You will experience how the company interacts with its clients and how projects are taken from inception through design to the delivery of the customer’s designs
- Your role will primarily focus on learning to machine products and vacuum forming tools using the 5 axis CNC machinery on site
- You will learn how to manufacture resin mould tools and build the mould tools for a range of Mimtec customers
- This will include devising machining strategies, selecting appropriate cutting tools, programming and machining 3 dimensional forms in resin
- This will include taking into consideration and anticipating possible problems that may occur manufacturing parts using the tools
Requirements and prospects
- You must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions demonstrating a good eye for detail
- You will also need to develop good communication skills and be computer literate
- You will need to be accurate and thorough in your approach to work with an ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management
- Working effectively as part of a team, you will also need to demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently
- You will need good legible handwriting to complete forms and documentation Safety awareness and willigness to follow instruction is important
- Good written and spoken communication skills, punctual, reliable and responsible
- Well organised, good at planning ahead and can meet deadlines
- You will need to be focused, self-motivated with an ambition to succeed
- A “can do” positive attitude coupled with a good level of communication skills will enable you to realise your ambition to develop new skills
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C (4) or above, or equivalent, including English and maths
- An engineering BTEC qualification is highly desirable
- Experience of using programming software is highly desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
Mimtec are members of the local group training association PETA and have a number of apprentices coming through the business further developing our depth of skills and expertise.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend one of PETA’s training centres for off-the-job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will work towards the following qualifications:
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 18 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Preparing and proving CNC machine tool programs
- Preparing and using CNC milling machines
- Preparing and using CNC turning machines
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using CAD System
- Conducting business improvement activities
You will also complete the Level 2 Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Technical Knowledge)
You will be expected to pass through a Gateway onto the development programme which will include the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA assessor. You will be day released for two years to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship framework. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
You will also achieve Functional Skills in Maths and English at level 2 (if you have not already achieved C+ or a Grade 4+ in these disciplines).
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PETA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today