ATA Apprentice Process Manufacturing Operative - INX International Cogent Ssc
This is an excellent opportunity for you to start your career in manufacturing. This is a semi-skilled Process Manufacturing role covering all aspects of the manufacturing process for a Company who produce ink for the food and beverage industry, predominantly canned drinks (two-piece metal deco ink).
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
£170.00 - £254.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
01 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will cover rotational placements in the following departments:
- Shipping and Warehousing
- QC Lab and General Lab
- Support Areas e.g. Customer Services and Order Processing
- Location based placements at our InPlant facilities at Customer sites throughout the UK
The main aim of this placement is to give the apprentice a full and thorough understanding and work experience across all aspects of ink manufacturing.
A brief description of the nature of the role for each area is as follows:
This is a physical role in an area which includes the following functions
- Weigh Up - accurately weighing up raw materials to precise specifications according to batch requirements
- Mixing - monitoring and running mixers in a safe and efficient manner in order to mix raw materials or make changes to a batch to complete finished inks
- Milling (Cox, K-Mills & Sub-Mills (UV) - monitoring and running mills in a safe and efficient manner to enable the grinding and dispersion of the ink components
- Press Out and Canning - the safe extraction and collection of the ink for packaging as a finished product
Shipping and Warehousing
To carry out the day to day operation of the warehouse and shipping department including, but not limited to, receiving, storing, and distributing material, equipment, and products. Verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment.
QC Lab and General Lab
Testing finished inks and raw materials according to QC test procedures in a clean laboratory environment. Correcting production defects (colour/viscosity), non-conformances and communicating this to relevant production management and technical management.
Colour Matching in numerous ink systems carried out as per guidelines. Sample preparation, printing and presenting illustrations for customers. Conducting Raw material evaluations
- To assist in the management of orders through data entry, liaison with the credit department, customer liaison and filing
- To provide administration support to mini plant processing through data entry, record keeping including creation of and updates to orders, cost estimates etc.
- To undertake billing and related functions including the timely and accurate distribution of invoices, maintenance of records and files
- Customer service – to liaise with colleagues and external contacts to expedite and trace missing or delayed shipments; and to examine relevant records to obtain facts relating to customer issues
- Keep SAP (Business Application Software) reports up to date and error free
- To assist with general reception duties, filing, answering the telephones
- Work with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
Providing technical support for INX products, to include mixing ink, colour matching, technical problem solving and supplying finished ink as per customer specifications. There is also work with IT systems including IMS and X-Rite. Again this is mostly quite a physical role.
Elements of the role may also include:
- Ensuring that the stock of inks and bases is consistent with the needs of the customer’s production.
- Manufacturing ink on site.
- Providing reports to the customer with respect to ink consumption.
All aspects of the above are to be carried out as per the quality systems in place at INX. Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times and all health and safety procedures followed. The work area and machinery must be kept clean and in good working order.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic competency in English and Maths
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to attend work, show commitment and be punctual
- Ability to follow instruction, have a methodical approach to tasks and stay focussed on the task
- Enthusiastic and have a “can do” attitude, work hard and deliver your best
- Have a clean and tidy approach to the work environment
- Ability to get on well with all colleagues
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English
About the employer
Additional location information
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Processing Industries Operations
- Level 2 Diploma in Process Technology
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
COGENT SSC LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cogent Ssc
Chloe Barrow 01925515248 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017