Apprentice Early Years Practitioner St Vincents Nursery
St.Vincent's Nursery are looking to recruit an Apprentice Early Years Practitioner to join their team based in Altrincham.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
30 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
ROLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsive to children's interests and needs when playing with them and supporting them during indoor activities, outside play, free flow play, snack and meal times.
- Provide a "language rich environment" during everyday activities, talking to children, listening to them sensitively and encouraging them to express their needs and opinions.
- Assist with the preparation of, and participate in, activities suitable to the age range and ability of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- Encourage children to make choices for themselves and foster their independence.
- Encourage and support acceptable behaviour in a positive and consistent way.
- Work as an effective team member, treat others with respect and follow the Nursery's Code of Conduct.
- Be a good role model – provide an example of language, behaviour and conduct you wish others to follow.
- Be flexible within the working practices of the Nursery.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks, meals, cleaning of equipment, tidying up after activities etc., when asked by the person in charge.
- Support the team in ensuring the Nursery’s environment is safe and of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children at their stage of development including those of different cultures, religious backgrounds and with additional needs.
- Participate in training and continue to develop your professional skills.
- Challenge unacceptable behaviour and report any matters of concern immediately to the Deputy Manager or Nursery Manager.
- Know, understand and agree to abide by all nursery policies and procedures
- Abide by the Trafford Guidelines on Safeguarding Children Procedures.
- Respect the confidentiality of information received.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Working as a team
Enthusiastic & want to learn.
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017