Technical Support Apprentice M2 Digital
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Apprentice with M2 Digital, a Print IT Service Provider, based in Manchester.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Nov 2017
04 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role will involve facilitating the administration of the day to day functions of the team. These tasks can include basic administration tasks utilising the Microsoft Office Suite as well as updating M2’s in-house system known as Intelligence.
The role also offers the opportunity to learn and develop technical support skills for the Managed Print Services industry.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st & 2nd line telephone based customer support for deployed solutions.
- Remote installation of print software solutions.
- Issue investigation & resolution.
- Make amendments to the M2i device monitoring system.
- Creating customer solution reports.
- Any ad-hoc administration duties as described by the CTS team leader.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic understanding of network technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Server 2008 / 2012.
- Good written documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise & schedule own work.
- Experience with Apple Macintosh.
- Maintain a professional attitude and image at all times.
- Communicate effectively – All mediums.
- Dress appropriately in relation to school norms.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Luke Metcalf 01133500333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017