Apprentice Chef Canterbury Christ Church University
As an Apprentice Chef, you will contribute as part of a professional culinary team to the maintenance and improvement of standards of food and service to meet student and visitor expectations within the constraints of knowledge and ability whilst working towards achieving an apprenticeship qualification in Food Preparation and Cooking.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
29 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will contribute as part of a professional culinary team to the maintenance and improvement of standards of food and service to meet student and visitor expectations within the constraints of knowledge and ability whilst working towards achieving an apprenticeship qualification in Food Preparation and Cooking.
The post holder may be required to work at all University catering outlets depending on business needs.
- To assist the kitchen team to provide food and hospitality to match customer expectations within the framework of the Catering department agreed standards as directed by the Kitchen production Manager through the Head Chef.
- To advise the kitchen production manager if you are unable to attend College for any reason, to bring any problems with completing the course at College to the Kitchen production manager.
- To attend College to complete Apprenticeship qualification in Food Preparation and Cooking.
- To ensure that the policies of Canterbury Christ Church University are implemented and adhered to where applicable
- To contribute to day-to-day operational standards with particular reference to food storage and presentation, maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in the kitchen and immediate surrounds within the resources available
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and to adhere to the current food safety, Fire and Health and Safety legislation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Team worker
- Customer focused
- Aptitude for cooking
GCSE Maths and English C grade or higher (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ Level 2 Professional Chef.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Canterbury College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017