A great opportunity has arisen for an apprentice administrator to join a Derby based firm
Apprentice Business Administrator
Allways Fork Truck Services Ltd
Closing date: 20 Mar 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Mar 2017
13 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Inputting engineers job sheets onto computer system.
- Updating asset register and locations.
- Inputting stock data on/off computer records and physical stock un-packing, checking against orders storage and retrieval within store packaging and dispatch.
- Pricing up jobs using stores cost records and agreed customer charge out rates.
- Answering telephone, taking messages and operating the phone system to transfer to other staff. Ensure messages taken relayed on and if necessary return calls made.
- Opening mail and distributing as necessary.
- Producing vinyl signs and labels on bespoke system – operating from verbal and sketched instructions
- As part of team take part in the general housekeeping of office and stores areas.
- Filing of hard copy records.
- As skills develop become involved special projects, research as may be required by any of the sections. Brief being given by relevant staff member.
- Uploading data to website and where relevant take part in marketing activities.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent numerical skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good Telephone manner
- Well presented
- Team player
- Able to use own initiative
The ideal candidate will have GCSE’s or equivalent, grade C or above in Maths, English & ICT.
Long term career opportunities are available with this employer and progression opportunities to higher level qualifications.
Things to consider
You will be required to undertake off the job training on a day release basis at the nearest Chamber offices a maximum of once a week and minimum of once a month. Please do not contact the employer directly - applications will only be accepted through the Apprenticeship Service’s website.
About the employer
Allways Fork Truck Services Ltd offers a comprehensive range of forklift trucks for sale, they also hire and service a range of forklift trucks.
You will receive a combination of on and off the job training to give you the skills, knowledge and understanding to gain a Diploma in Business and Administration. Where you do not have Grades A-C in a relevant subject, you will work towards Functional skills in maths, English and ICT as well as developing your knowledge of employee rights and responsibilities, personal learning, and thinking skills alongside your qualifications.
Business and Administration
DERBYSHIRE AND NOTTINGHAMSHIRE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Chamber Commerce
Kimberley Dolman 01332 851 280 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Mar 2017