Receptionist and Administrative Apprentice D M Partnership
To support a busy law office and all the office functions of staff in the day to day operation of the practice.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
£151.88 - £264.38
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
29 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To support the office functions of the other staff in the day-to-day operation of the practice.
- Manage the practice email inbox by means of identifying and printing off the relevant email correspondence which will be then incorporated into appropriate clients file.
- Answer the telephone in a professional and polite manner and take any messages which are then to be passed on to the appropiate staff member.
- Understand office equipment
- Prepare and serve refreshments
- Assisting with the delivery of correspondence and case bundles to Chambers and Post office
Requirements and prospects
- Meet and greet everyone that walks in to the practice.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly in a professional manner.
- Book in, amend and cancel customer appointments.
- Set-up of new customers onto the computer system.
- Check emails on a daily basis and assign action accordingly.
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and company Policy and Procedures.
- Perform all clerical duties that pertain to the business
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties, which may be requested from time-to-time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in close partnership with customers and colleagues.
- Currently in college studying business administration.
- Good IT skills.
- Good understanding of professionalism.
- Good customer service background and experience.
- Adaptable and flexible approach, tenacity, an adaptable mind-set and a willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to problem solve.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
English and Maths grade C (GCSE or equivalent) or above.
Things to consider
About the employer
Sandwell College will deliever a NVQ Level 3 Business Adminstration with assessor visits. Addtionally DM Partnership will provide and assist daily on the job training revelant to course, whilst developing and enhancing skills and abilities.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017