Intermediate Childcare Apprenticeship Little Poppets Nursery
Little Poppets is a busy day nursery looking for a passionate apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
29 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work as part of the nursery team to provide high quality care and education for the children
- To supervise and play with the children
- To oversee activities which cover all areas of children's development
- To liaise with and support parents and carers
- To undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery e.g preparing snacks and cleaning
- Ensuring good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times
- To support the team in providing effective planning for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure all nursery policies and procedures are adhered to
- To attend in and out of working hours activities e.g staff meetings
- To work in a professional, efficient and caring manner at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work well in a team but who is also able to use their own initiative and work independently.
- The successful candidate will need to be a confident individual with a caring manner.
- You will be required to work to training deadlines with good time management skills.
- You will need to be a hardworking individual who has a proactive approach to their work
- You must be a good communicator
- You must endeavour to be a good role model to the children
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- A smart appearance is essential
- Willingness to succeed as a childcare worker
GCSE grades A*-C maths and English or equivalent.
About the employer
Little Poppets Nursery
The successful candidate will need to complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. The framework includes a QCF Level 2 certificate for the Children and Young People& Workforce, Level 1 Functional Skills (if required) in Application of Number & Communications and Paediatric First Aid. Off the job training hours in our Leicester training centre are also part of the framework.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Chloe Gibbard 07590183612
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017