Professional Chef Apprenticeship No 1 Kitchen
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to improve their skills in the kitchen and join our team. We require an apprentice to train in our busy kitchen working alongside our Head Chef.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
29 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- As an apprentice Chef your role is to work with the Head Chef to prepare, cook and present food ensuring dishes are presented to a high quality standard.
- You will clean, prepare, cook and finish foods for basic dishes in line with company policy and procedure/standards set by Head Chef/ Manager ensuring recipes are followed and portion controls are adhered to.
- You will ensure the kitchen is prepared for service, that work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times, that food is correctly stored ensuring correct stock rotation and that kitchen wastage is minimised. You will ensure compliance with legislation and company policies and procedures in terms of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene.
- You will maintain food safety when storing and putting clean items away. You will be using basic kitchen resources - equipment, chemicals, cleaning substances to company policy, collecting waste and disposing of it safely. You will complete kitchen documentation, deep cleaning and maintain compliance with basic kitchen training.
- You will be responsible for unloading deliveries of food and other equipment to the kitchen. You will ensure the number of items delivered is in line with the order placed and also the correct quantity and quality expected.
- You will be required to understand the Front of House process by working the front of house as part of your training programme.
Requirements and prospects
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
- Prepare and clear areas for food service
- Prepare and cook food dishes from the menu
- Prepare basic dishes from scratch
- Carry out routine cleaning tasks in line with Company Policy
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation
- Willingness to learn
- Eye for detail and passionate about food
- Self motivated
- High standard of personal presentation, punctuality and initiative
- Responsive and enthusiastic
- Maths and English at Grade C (desirable)
- Prior experience of cooking (desirable)
- Basic Food Hygiene (desirable)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Catering and Professional Chefs
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Transferable skills as required
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE STAMFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Stamford
Sara Fraser 01780 484300 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017