Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician Jds Trucks Ltd
At Renault we pride ourselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. We train our staff to the same high standards via our Technician Apprentice Programme – considered to be the best in the industry.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Areas of responsibility include:
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
- Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Assist technician to carry out repairs according to Renault procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
- Learn how to use Renault special tools safely and efficiently.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Renault image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- To be able to work on developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry.
- Be willing to provide an excellent service to our customers.
- The right attitude, determination and commitment.
- The desire and passion to work in the motor industry.
- GSCE grades A-D (or equivalent).
About the employer
- HGV Maintenance and Repair.
- Technical Certificate.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 Maths and English.
- Block release at Stephenson College.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided.
NVQ and Technical Certificate will be explained in more detail at the time of Assessment/Interview.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stephenson College
Evie Grewcock 01530 836136 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017