IT Service Desk Analyst Apprentice Arthur J Gallagher
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an IT Service Desk Analyst Apprentice with Arthur J. Gallagher, an insurance broker, based in Wakefield.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
27 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide first line technical support to a user base of approximately 4,300 internal UK-based staff. The role is shift-based and will rotate within the Service Desk hours of 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Acting as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and self-service tickets from internal staff regarding IT issues, queries and requests.
- 1st line support - troubleshooting of IT-related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Blackberry’s, Laptops, PCs, thin-clients and Printers.
- Troubleshooting basic network issues such as internet/intranet or network folder access.
- Escalating unresolved calls to the relevant support teams.
- Logging all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system.
- Taking ownership of user problems and following up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicating progress in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhering to all service management principles.
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & providing staff training if required.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups, etc.
- Blackberry account management and provisioning.
- Arrangement of external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational and troubleshooting skills.
- CRB security check required.
- Financial credit check required.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- Although not mandatory, it is desirable that the successful applicant has an interest in computing, internet technologies, social media etc.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent Grade C+ (including Maths).
- Computing related qualification (if appropriate).
- A-Levels or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Arthur J Gallagher
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2.
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills.
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals.
- Cloud Services.
- Coding & Logic.
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Networking and Architecture.
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Bryony Solly 01133500333 Bryony.Solly@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017