Apprenticeship in Customer Service Carters Carpet Centre Ltd
Customer service advisor to work in the store to input customer jobs into the computer and create invoices. The role will involve serving customers and calculating quotations & prices, taking deliveries and organising jobs ready for flooring contractors shifts for the next day. This role includes a Level 2 customer service qualification.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
29 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Customer Service Advisor to work alongside the busines owner or other relevant members of staff in the store and shown how to input customer jobs into the computer and create invoices.
The role will involve;
- Serving customers and calculating quotations & prices
- Taking deliveries and organising jobs ready for flooring contractors shifts for the next day.
- Level 2 Customer Service qualification.
- calculate room sizes for flooring requirements and learn about products sold in the showroom.
- Serve customers and advise them of prices.
- Help fitters in loading up and taking in deliveries and arranging new jobs for the fitters for the following day.
- There will also be the occassional opportunity to spend time out of the showroom learning how to provide quoations for new business.
Requirements and prospects
- Good mathematics and computer literate.
- Approachable, hard working, good personality and willingess to learn.
- Grade E or above in English and Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprentices are allocated an Assessor who visits the apprentice in the workplace approx. every 4 weeks. Visits include some 1 to 1 time, observation of the learner working as part of the assessment and feedback process.
The Apprenticeship is made up of the following components:
1. Diploma (Level 2) - this is the practical and technical based component where the apprentice demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge to meet the required national standard. Exams are taken for each module of the Certificate
2. Functional Skills, if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English and Maths. The Apprentice builds up a portfolio of both to show they are able to effectively communicate and use numbers in the workplace. Each Functional Skill is assessed by an online test and a portfolio of evidence. The level of Functional Skill will depend on the level of the apprenticeship.
4. ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities). This component is used to make Apprentices aware of their employment rights and responsibilities. The apprentice completes this component in question and answer format in a workbook
5. PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) comprises six groups of skills that together with the Functional Skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These are; managing one's self, managing relationships with others, managing one's own learning performance and work. These are embedded within the other components of the apprenticeship framework
Business and Administration
CITY COLLEGE BRIGHTON AND HOVE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Brighton & Hove
Hayley Warne 01273 667788 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017