Apprentice IT Legal Technology Specialist DLA Piper
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice IT Legal Technology Specialist with DLA Piper, a Global Law Firm. The position will be be based at the company's Liverpool office for 3 days a week and their Manchester office for a further 2 days.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The effective use of IT will differentiate the company's business from their competitors, you would be joining a technology efficient team to allow their lawyers to work in the most efficient way. As you would expect with a global firm, your team will consist of people from multiple countries.This is an exciting role where total flexibility will be required to work, where customer demand is the greatest.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Helping customers to get the most out of the company's technologies and work in the most efficient way.
- Assisting in making their lawyers effective in the use of technology which will help them to improve efficiency and support their clients.
- Assisting with clients working in their offices in both meeting rooms and secondment roles.
- Increasing awareness of the technology that is available.
- Mobile working : showing lawyers how to utilise the company's technology whilst on the move and make sure they have all that they need to work skilfully.
- Increasing the knowledge of business support functions to ensure that they take advantage of all IT services available.
- Representing lawyers interest back into IT through your manager at monthly and quarterly intervals.
- Performing desk side coaching and ensuring every new starter is IT proficient in as short a time as possible.
- Assisting technical teams with IT support of high profile incidents.
- Performing basic site management of IT equipment where required.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to build relationships to influence and shape outcomes.
- Demonstrate innovation, flexibility and alternative thinking.
- A keen interest in technology and its application in Legal IT.
- Business results focused when promoting technology to colleagues.
- Champion the needs of your colleagues and clients by representing them on key IT projects.
- Manage your personal development plan to ensure you have an up-to-date skillset. Look for every opportunity to expand your skills.
- Confident and approachable.
- Communicate with passion and enthusiasm at all levels.
- Adaptable and reliable.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133500333 Honor.Greenwood@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017