Level 2 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship THE LEARNING NURSERY LTD
Would you like to contribute to a high quality caring environment for children? This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
27 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g training, monthly staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, fundraising events etc.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery;
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by managers from time to time;
- The trainee’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery’s Equal Opportunities policy;
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where your help can be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children;
- To respect the confidentiality of information received;
- To ensure the nursery is a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times;
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures;
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to all parts of the nursery.
- To uphold the setting’s dress code
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to work as part of a small team
- A positive approach to completing relevant short courses and qualifications
- Some understanding of the importance of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene in the workplace
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Well-presented, professional
- Good time keeper/Not a clock watcher
- Must have A-C GCSE Maths and English Language in order to be eligible for this apprenticeship
About the employer
THE LEARNING NURSERY LTD
The successful apprentice will work towards an Apprenticeship in CYPW L2 and receive training in; employment rights and responsibilities and personal learning and thinking skills during this 12 month apprenticeship.
You will receive 1-1 training and support from your Interserve assessor.
All training is 100% work based.
We will support your career progression and personal development through further training opportunities.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017