Customer Service Apprentice. A THOMPSON MOTOR BODIES LIMITED
We are looking for an apprentice to work at our Recepetion Area. The candidate needs to be reliable, have self-confidence, basic Word and Excel and general computer knowledge is necessary and be willing to learn and help out. This is a very basic position initially and will be given further responsibilities as time goes on.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will work for the duration of your apprenticeship with A Thompson Ltd, learning about all aspects of the business and its operations.
You will be required to:
- Communicate effectively to deal with customers (answering the phone and taking detail and accurate messages)
- Complete the administration of quotes to customers
- Complete general administration duties including word processing, data entry, general filing, photo-copying and distributing incoming / outgoing post
- Advise customers on products and services
- Actively participate in regular progress reviews
- Become an active team worker
- Undertake appropriate training as identified relevant to the role
- Develop customer service skills to contribute to the delivery of services to a wide range of clients
- It is important to carry out any other duties required by your supervisor as directed, and to do them with a positive attitude.
You will be expected to adhere to strict health and safety procedures and general office maintenance at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Friendly / Approachable personality
- Motivation and flexibility to learn a range of tasks and skills
- Ability to think ahead and problem solve
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- Good team working skills
- An awareness of health and safety
- Excellent organisation skills
- Motivated to learn - ask questions use initiative
- Enthusiastic - able to show that you want to be there and want to learn
- Positive attitude
- Good time keeper
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or equivalent
- A qualification demonstrating I.T / computing capability desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
A THOMPSON MOTOR BODIES LIMITED
- You will be working towards a NVQ Level 2 qualification in Customer Service
- Functional Skills if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017