Apprentice Business Support Officer A & F Engineering
Looking for an exciting Apprenticeship? This is a great opportunity to join a growing innovative Engineering business based in Norwich as an Apprentice Business Support Officer.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
28 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Business Support Officer you will be an integral member of the close knit administration team and will be involved in a number of key processes to assist with the daily services/functions involved with this fast growing diverse engineering company.
This will be a challenging and exciting role; the successful applicant will gain exposure to a variation of duties throughout the operations, sales and finance administrational departments.
Key daily/weekly responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with initial enquiries/queries
- Corresponding via telephone/email with suppliers/clients/couriers
- Ordering supplies/stock/goods in/goods out
- Preparation of reports and documents for new clients
- Upload/scanning and distribution of reports
- Maintaining and updating specialised job databases
- Diary management for senior members of the team
- Arrange/attend internal and external meetings
- Postal duties/minute taking/filing
- Assisting with payroll/accounts
To ensure you have an in depth understanding of the company and its core functions there will numerous opportunities to go off site and assist in various projects
Due to the nature of the business there maybe times where you are required to assist with numerous shop floor tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word ,Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- Ability to work within a team
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive attitude
- Good general standard of education Mathematics and English qualifications GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR predicted English GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR equivalent.
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 2 in Business Administration Apprenticeship within the 12 month contract of employment.
Things to consider
About the employer
The twelve month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills ICT
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills Workbook
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
Business and Administration
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017