Facilities Maintenance Apprentice LONDON HOUSING TRUST
We require an apprentice to carry out general maintenance, repairs and some administrative tasks at some of our rented properties in south east London. Although some basic training would be provided, the apprentice has to be able to multi-task in this role covering maintenance, property management, health and safety and general admin duties.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in the facilities management of premises and to provide maintenance, minor repairs, security and cleaning services (internally and externally) including inspections opening and closing and checking of relevant areas
- To take part in meetings, supervision, training as requested by the manager.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
- Carry out Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance of Service User accommodation and furniture in accordance with contractual requirements and company systems.
- Assist with furniture deliveries and installations in Service User accommodation
- Deal effectively and safely with the rectification of breakdowns, defects and damage, ensuring timely responses are made and properties are safely and securely maintained.
- Check that all tools or stores items including consumables are accounted for at all times so that security is maintained.
- Monitor and complete documentation accurately for all work carried out in ensuring adherence with the company systems.
- Adhering to safe systems of work procedures and practices and using appropriate safety devices, equipment and clothing provided by G4S
- Reporting to the appropriate person all unsafe conditions, damage, near misses – whether or not there are any personal injuries, in order that remedial action can be taken
- Update central management information system daily
- Assisting with the changing of locks during/after evictions
- Ensuring properties are safe and secure at all times
- Assisting in the completion of handyman tasks
- Painting and decorating of Rooms
- Repairing minor plumbing issues
- Addressing minor electrical works
- Liaising with contractors and booking in contractors for Jobs in line with the company procedures,
- Preparing new properties for occupation
- Completing Risk Assessments and Health and Safety checks, inventories etc
- Maintaining office records
- Repairing or replacing broken furniture
- Carpentry Works
- Ensuring the projects are free from rubbish/ hazards etc
- Maintaining Gardens.
- Answering telephones
- Assist in the completion of reports and preparing meeting documents
- Work with the health and safety officer to ensure completion of health and safety related tasks.
- To use information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the organisations customer care standards.
- To be committed to the organisations core values of serving the public first, being open honest and fair, and respecting all people and communities and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the organisations Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in maintenance and repairs desirable but not essential
- A good level of IT literacy, ideally including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Plenty of initiative
- Able to multi-task
- Good use of initiative
- Able to work solo or as part of a team
- Able to take responsibility for achieving tasks assigned.
GCSE grades A* to D in maths & English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship in Maintenance Operations includes studying and achieving:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations
- Level 2 Diploma in Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English
LEWISHAM SOUTHWARK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lewisham College
Ade Ogunbambo 020 3757 3051
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017