Student Support Administrator Chesterfield College
Would you like to become apart of Chesterfield College? An interesting and extremely varied Apprenticeship has arisen within our Student Services team to support colleagues in a business administration role.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to work in a general business administration role with a focus on customer service within a College environment.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-functional team and will provide valuable support through the college admissions process, as well as working with the front of house team delivering high quality customer service and customer care. Full training is offered and no specific experience is required, however knowledge of commonly used computer systems such as Microsoft Word and Excel would be beneficial.
This post offers the experiences required to meet the competencies of either a Business Administration or Customer Service Apprenticeship (at Level 2).
Initial Duties will include:
- Answering calls through the college switchboard, dealing with enquiries from external and internal customers
- Supporting the functions carried out on the busy main college reception
- Communicating with students, parents, suppliers and other College partners via telephone and email as required
- Directly supporting students through initial assessment during the admissions process
- Organising documentation required for internal processes and recording interactions on College computer systems
- Supporting the operation of the college post room function
- Resolving student and customer issues and enquiries professionally and as required of the departmental standards
You will need a degree of flexibility provide staffing outside of normal college hours.
You will be supported on a daily basis by your work place mentor along with teaching and learning from a work based tutor.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Able to problem-solve and share ideas for solutions effectively
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure and achieve goals
- Committed and reliable
- Flexible approach to work
- GCSE Maths and English C or above (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Business Administration Level 2 NVQ includes technical certificate and functional skills. PLTS, ERR workbook
- Candidate will have full rights and responsibilities as standard employee.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Rachel Squires email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017