Apprentice in Level 3 Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance Greenvale Ap
This position offers the opportunity to be part of a team of engineers who carry out various maintenance activities including planned maintenance, install and commission of new machinery and generally supporting a fast paced operation on a day to day basis, ensuring delivery of great products to our customers.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
£150.00 - £260.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
28 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- This position will report directly to the Engineering Senior Team Leader who will be available to support and guide on day to day activities.
- In addition, all apprentices will have a dotted line report into the Learning and Development Officer who manages the apprenticeship programme with the college, ensuring activities are completed and apprentices have suitable support in order to complete the qualification.
- Until it has been agreed and signed off that the apprentice is fully trained and competent in a task, all engineering activity undertaken will be under the direct supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Install and commission of new machinery on planned maintenance.
- Carry various maintenance activities including planned maintenance.
- All activities will meet our strict company health & safety guidelines.
- Time will be allocated for apprentices to attend college when required in order to successfully complete the core skills of the Level 3 Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance CWA course.
- All apprentices will attend work in compliance with the Apprenticeship Agreement with a view of successfully completing the on-site project work and site assessments as agreed by the college.
- Participate in on site reviews with your line manager and L&D officer as arranged and agreed.
- In addition to the core skills of the course it is an expectation the Apprentice will successfully complete the multi skilled option of the course.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Engineering.
- Attention to Detail.
- Good positive attitude.
- Interest in solving practical problems.
- Manual dexterity.
- Willing to identify and update training and development needs.
- Able to listen and follow instructions and deliver expected targets.
- Flexible and willing to learn – a can do approach and willing to be a part of the team.
- Drive and self-motivation.
- Pride in their work.
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, Including Maths, English and ICT or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Complete the Greenvale Apprenticeship programme – achieving the level 3 Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance and all associated other training.
To be a flexible member of staff working within the designated operational areas, ensuring safe and efficient production of orders within customer specifications. This will include Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
To attend The College of West Anglia to gain Level 3 Diploma in Food and Drink
- College attendance 3 days a week 1st year
- College attendance 2 days a week 2nd year
- College attendance 1 day a week 3rd year
- College attendance 4th year to be confirmed depending on requirements
- Assignments and end qualification assessment
- Also attaining functional skills Maths at level 2 and English at Level 2 unless already possess these
Food and Drink > Food and Drink Maintenance Engineer
THE COLLEGE OF WEST ANGLIA
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by College of West Anglia
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017