Business Administration Apprentice (Community Services) Rochford District Council
Are you passionate about communities and improving residents’ lives? We are seeking a Business Administration Apprentice to work closely with and assist the Community Safety Officer and Strategic Partnership Officer in working with council services and other agencies and organisations.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working with council services and other agencies and organisations, including Essex Police, Essex County Council, Health providers and Housing Associations through a multi agency approach to help achieve a safer community and support partnership activities.
The Business Administration (Community Services) Apprentice will work closely with and assist the Community Safety Officer and Strategic Partnership Officer through a multi agency approach to help achieve a safer community and support partnership activities.
They will be working with council services and other agencies and partners in offering day to day support in the following areas;
- Planning, administering and supporting delivery and evaluation of events.
- Casework logging, monitoring and analysis using databases and spreadsheets.
- Respond to general enquiries from the public and partners via telephone, email, written correspondence, face to face and social media.
- Administration regarding booking venues, taking bookings, raising orders and use of standard letters and templates.
- Liaising with other departments regarding reprographics, public relations and room bookings.
- To provide support in a range of activities in assisting operations conducted with the Community Safety Hub.
- Liaison with contributors before, during and after events.
Requirements and prospects
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft ‘Office’ software: Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good numeric and literacy skills to produce documents.
- Good verbal communication skills both on the telephone and face to face.
- Knowledge of community safety.
- Able to plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to work outside normal offices hours.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Candidates should have 5 GCSE grades A-C or equivalent, to include English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Full Intermediate Business and Administration Apprenticeship including Functional Skills and Technical Certificate.
Business and Administration
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017