Apprentice Gardener NURTURE LANDSCAPES LIMITED
Due to successful expansion we are looking to appoint an apprentice to work within one of our mobile teams maintaining grounds of the prestigious sites through Kent, Sussex and Surrey. Based our of our depot in Edenbridge. Working hands on with a team of gardeners to provide top class service.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
£140.00 - £175.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Due to our successful and continued expansion we are now looking to appoint an Apprentice Gardener to work within one of our mobile teams who are maintaining the grounds of the prestigious site throughout Kent, Sussex and Surrey.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone in the early stages of their career who has an interest and aptitude for horticulture and wants to work and learn on prestigious sites as part of a large team operating out of our Edenbridge office.
You will be with a team of gardeners to provide top class horticultural environment for our clients. You must be able to demonstrate an interest in horticulture together with some horticultural skills and experience.
You will also ensure that the daily maintenance of the vehicles, plants and tools is carried out.
Parts of the job include:
- Landscape Maintenance to the corporate and private sector including tree surgery. This is the provision of a landscape maintenance service to all types of site including business parks, corporate headquaters, hotels, superstores etc.
- Landscape Maintenance to the Public Sector. This is the provision of grounds maintenance to schools and housing associations.
- Interior plants, cut flowers including christmas trees. This is the provision of interior plant displays and cut flowers to many of our corporate /business/hotel clients.
- Design and Build Construction. A design and build service is provided to our existing contract base seeking to improve/upgrade their sites.
Requirements and prospects
Some previous experience within Horticulture would be an advantage but not essential.
- Well presented
- Good mannered and respectful
- Keen and eager to learn all aspects of the operation.
- Excellent team player able to take instruction and discuss issues clearly. You will make a position contribution to your work team and be prepared to meet all challenges in a positive and constructive manner.
- Communication - you will communicate clearly and positively with all parties including your team leader and campus staff, meeting targets and deadlines and ensuring the efficieint use of resources.
- Quality - you will ensure that all your work is completed to the best possible standard, in accordance to any instructions and specifications you have been given and to the satisfaction of the client.
GCSE's in Maths & English grade A - C is required (or equivalent qualification).
Level 1 in Horticulture would be beneficial.
Things to consider
About the employer
Alongside the full apprenticeship Level 2 Horticultural apprenticeship you will also receive on the job training from your colleagues/mentor.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hadlow College
Andrea Mills 01732 372695 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017