IT Apprentice INTQ261 Sweethaven Computers
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as an IT Apprentice.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2017
26 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
This role will initially be involved in assisting the Technical Support staff with maintaining all aspects of install, repair and support at client requests. You will become competent in all aspects of IT from use of internal systems, specification of systems and sales and subsequently the ability to install, repair and support.
As a Microsoft IT Apprentice you will be required to:
- Learn how to support internal systems, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Become a valued part of the IT Support team.
- Learn how to provide technical support to marketing channels and activities.
- Assist in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
- Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
- Help the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver the IT Support services to our clients.
- Learn how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming Helpdesk emails.
- Manage the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
- Work on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
- Help clients using (predominantly) Microsoft operating systems and applications, so a good understanding of these would be very useful.
- Update company systems.
You will be working in a company that has a large retail presence and is a growing B2B and education customer support and supply trader.
Requirements and prospects
- You will be literate and intelligent.
- You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
- You will have a good telephone manner and a positive outlook.
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
- You will be able to demonstrate some IT education or practical interest.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
An interest in IT is mandatory!
About the employer
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+.
This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies.
These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intequal Limited
Jodie 02392 449 695 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017