Apprentice Kitchen Assistant, Ravenshead HLHL (MANSFIELD) LTD
Looking for a creative, dedicated, passionate and hands on apprentice to start work in the kitchen. Aspirations to be a Chef in the future then this is the role for you…
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£105.00 - £140.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
24 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working as part of the kitchen brigade to prepare, cook and present a range of amazing tapa dishes from fresh and flavoursome ingredients. You will learn how to help prepare and cook the tapas dishes as well as use the grill for kebabs and pizza oven for freshly baked pizza’s – it’s food and cooking at its best!
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Open the kitchen and preparing equipment for service.
- Wash, peel, prepare and cut a range of fruits, vegetables and salads.
- Assist with the cooking of a range of meat, poultry and fish dishes using different cooking methods.
- Learn to safely use the pizza oven and kebab grill
- Present dishes to the required standard and maintain consistency across all plates.
- Learn about food safety and apply food safety rules at all times.
- Clean down the kitchen after service.
- Assist with receiving of deliveries, putting stock away promptly following stock rotation.
- Complete any kitchen checklists relevant to your section.
- Work effectively as part of the kitchen team and keep communication with Head/Sous Chef during service.
- Any reasonable request from Head Chef or management.
All candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre at Vision West Notts College.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in becoming a Chef
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Things to consider
About the employer
HLHL (MANSFIELD) LTD
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship.
Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017