Health & Social Care Apprentice, Mansfield Woodhouse Oakapple
The successful apprentice will be completing a Health & Social Care apprenticeship at Level 2 and will be employed directly employed through by Oakapple residential home for the duration of the apprenticeship with possible progression opportunities beyond.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
24 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly residential home. Upon successfully completing the apprenticeship programme, there is the possibility of being employed full time whilst gaining a higher qualification in Health & Social Care.
The main duties and responsibilities
- To assist Service users in rising from bed, washing, dressing, bathing and general personal hygiene
- To assist Service Users in toileting needs
- To assist Service Users in meal times and snacks and drinks throughout the day
- To help Service Users in day to day living and activities
- To help assist Service Users to live freely and independently and to maintain dignity and respect
- To report to Senior staff and Manager any concerns with the Service Users or the environment of the home
- To record in Service Users daily charts and records
- To help keep the homes environment clean and tidy and free from infection by doing general domestic duties. I.e. – hovering, polishing, making beds, washing pots and seeing to Service Users washing and cleaning down appliances in the home.
- To attended staff meetings and training set up by the home.
- To apply and follow all the homes code of conduct, policies and procedures.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Customer Service Skills
- Good Timekeeper
- To be able to work on own initiative
- Interest in the health & social care
- Had work experience in a healthcare setting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidentiality & safeguarding awareness
- Caring Nature
- Team Player
- Friendly nature
- Maths GCSE A-C or equivalent
- English GCSE A-C or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Health and Social Care
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Shannon Wilson 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017