Apprentice Hair Professional Joanne Gilhooley
As an Apprentice Hair Professional you will be working in a busy commercial salon and learning all required aspects of the industry qualification.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
20 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be attending to all clients, including;
- Reception duties
- Preparing the clients for further services,
- Assisting senior staff in delivering the services
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene
- Housekeeping within the salon,
- All the duties expected of an Apprentice within the industry. The candidate is expected to fully cooperate in all aspects of the training requirements including an amount of home study. The employment start dates are an indication only and we would seek to recruit the right successful candidate before this date if possible. Applications may be accepted from other sources for consideration before the date stated.
- Training areas will include;
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Advise and consult with clients
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques.
Requirements and prospects
The candidate must possess a high degree of dexterity and stamina,
with a high standard of personal presentation, hygiene and communication skills along with a good personality, a desire to achieve and strong team working abilities.
The candidate should have a pleasing personality with good communication skills and enjoy meeting people.
A strong desire to learn and succeed in the industry is essential.
High levels of personal pride in appearance and grooming are also essential.
Formal Qualifications are not required
Things to consider
About the employer
Full training to the relevant industry approved NVQ level is provided in all the areas that are required to achieve the sector Qualifications and the additional qualifications required to satisfy the Apprenticeship Framework, e.g. Functional Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Gosmart Ltd will visit the learner in the workplace on a weekly basis to support the learner and set projects that will move the learner forward to full completion. Gosmart Ltd will work closely with and support the employer who will provide practical training in a commercial setting.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by GoSmart
Phil Ward 07970130318 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today