IT Helpdesk Apprentice Key Computer Applications
As Helpdesk Support you will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line IT system support. This will be involved in handling calls from our client base as well as providing desktop support to our system users and hands on computer (particularly hardware) maintenance.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
21 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will take calls and handle a wide variety of desktop and network related issues. You will handle calls from beginning to end wherever possible.
- Electronic hardware maintenance including solving electronics related problems in operational systems.
- Liaising with 3rd parties on technical hardware matters.
- Diagnose, Identify, isolate and fix issues related to Operating Systems.
- Work with end users and collaborate with same & higher support tiers engineers to provide successful problem resolution within timescales.
- Manage/use existing internal problem escalation procedures and software system.
- Respond, track and follow-up existing / new Support jobs
- Assist customers/ internal staff with daily IT tasks such as Office Applications, Scanning, Printing etc…
- Notify customers when problem/ job has been resolved and assist customer with any action that will confirm this is now fixed.
- Accurately diagnose an issue based on the information you have been provided
- Obtain information about a problem through clear communication with the client
- Update job notes to allow for an update on the issue to be given to the customer at anytime
- Maintain good communication with your team leader at all times
- Building and configuration of workstations (hardware).
- Installation & configuration of windows XP/Vista/7 pro workstation OS software.
- Installation & configuration of workstation application software and antivirus software.
- PC hardware fault-finding and repair
- General PC and laptop troubleshooting
- Upgrading hardware
- Cloning drives, copying and backing-up data
Requirements and prospects
- Confident in the use of computer systems
- Have knowledge of networks and Windows Operating Systems
- Have knowledge of databases
- Good diagnostic skills
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good telephone manner
- Keen interest in IT and technology
- Can-do positive attitude
- Desire to learn
- Ability to maintain good relationships with colleagues and customers
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
One of our biggest achievements was creating our PDA platform for our service products, which enables businesses to work more efficiently, this has been a great benefit for customers that have engineers in the field giving them access to Key software wherever they may be. We pride ourselves on providing all of our customers with 99.9% up time across all of our products, resulting in our customers having confidence in our products and increased productivity within their business.
Our established heritage, dedicated team and our core values are some of the reasons why our customers have had the confidence to invest in us to provide them with the services they require. Across our business, whether within the cloud or via our range of ERP software solutions Key manage over 75tb of client data in our UK data centres.
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Liverpool for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017