IT Support Technician Apprentice - 12185 Avanti Gas
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now and don't delay!
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
20 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Currently looking for a passionate and energetic individual looking to take their technology knowledge to the next level:
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s (C and above) including Maths and English and excited to begin their career in the Tech industry.
The IT support technician will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business. The position is responsible for supporting Avantigas staff plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities. Avantigas have recently upgraded to a cloud based environment delivered by Microsoft Office 365, soon to be upgraded to an Azure platform.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Technician Apprentice:
- The QA training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
Apprenticeships will blend on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process
- Providing 1st line technical support, answering support queries via phone & email for all Avantigas staff
- Recording all faults using Service Now as the main tool for IT support, documents, evidences, procedures, knowledge base, and task allocation
- Carrying out user administration duties on Active Directory and various other platforms.
- Resolution of user faults within target fix time
- Manage and resolve tasks allocated in Team meetings and from line managers
- To maintain agreed business SLA’s
- Travel to remote sites regularly for upgrade, project and support work. This may mean overnight stays occasionally
- Using remote control software tools to provide fault resolution and diagnosis
- Document and maintain Help Desk policies and procedures
- To manage/ keep tidy store rooms
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the IT Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Requirements of the IT Support Technician Apprentice:
- Good level of IT support knowledge, previous experience is desirable
- General experience of Microsoft Windows & applications
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory is desirable
- General experience of Microsoft Windows OS & applications
- Basic understanding of PC hardware setup & configuration
- Basic understanding of mobile hardware & software
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills at all levels
- Time management and management of own workload.
- Ability to perform physical work and moving equipment
- Multiple site visits as and when required
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.”
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
IT Systems and Networking
- L3 & L4 total: 31-39 months
- Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
- Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017