Business Administration Apprentice, Nottingham LINEAR INSULATION LIMITED
If you want to learn and have a keen interest in office administration and business operations then this could be the role for you. The successful applicant will have a willingness to learn and within their role be responsible for carrying out a variety of tasks in order to support the day-to-day business operations.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
20 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a long lasting role with further progression opportunities on completion so a fantastic prospect.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and connecting to the relevant person or to record a detailed message to pass on to relevant member of the team.
- General daily filing and photocopying within the department, including scanning, printing and binding files.
- Folding plans specifically as shown.
- Logging and distribution of incoming post and fax messages as they arrive to the relevant personnel.
- General typing of quotes and data inputting as required by colleagues.
- Efficiently use Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Email to complete various tasks.
- Assist with cover in periods of absence of other colleagues.
- Carry out any other duties as specified by the Management to assist in ensuring the business runs as smoothly as possible.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to try new tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Previous office experience.
- Organised and attention to detail.
- Comfortable using basic features of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Reliable and good timekeeping.
- 5 GCSE Grades A* to C or 9-4 (new grades) or equivalent are essential, specifically in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
LINEAR INSULATION LIMITED
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Reece Hunt 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017