Site Facilities Apprentice - TS Ferndale Primary School
To provide day to day response to the site, staff and students to include - collection of items, delivery of items, litter picking, cleaning, lifting, setting out areas, internal and external works which may include grounds works.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
20 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To assist the Senior Site Manager with:
- General tidying up after events/functions
- Movement of equipment between rooms including setting up for examinations
- Movement of break and lunch furniture
- Ad-hoc spot cleaning around the school site
- Collection and delivery of items delivered to the school
- Assist with looking after shrubs and plants, ensuring all areas are effectively weeded regularly
- Collecting leaves and rubbish
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning waste and recycling bins
- Emptying paper recycling bin
- Regular checking and cleaning of storage areas
- To report any unsafe equipment or area of the building to the caretaker or facilities manager
- Keeping paths and driveways clear from ice/snow
- Snow clearing and de-icing
- To comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety At Work regulations.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and for others affected by his/her work and to co-operate with the employer in ensuring health and safety responsibilities are carried out
This list is not exhaustive
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to use garden tools and equipment safely and effectively without close supervision
- Ability to work proactively and to direction
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Basic ICT skills
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to lift and move heavy items
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Flexibility to work at a variety of times
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of tasks
- Commitment to working with young people and to work in support of the inclusive ethos of the school
YOU MUST HAVE: A minimum of a Grade D in GCSE Maths and English or the Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake and achieve the NVQ level 2 in Facilities Services.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Rich Nettleton 01215692099
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017