Apprentice Learning Support Assistant Manchester Health Academy
Manchester Health Academy are looking to recruit two Apprentice Learning Support Assistants to join their team based in Wythenshawe.
Closing date: 21 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
General duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of a specified learning team to develop appropriate differentiated resources for identified students.
- To contribute to the development and monitoring of individual learning plans for students.
- To support the learning of individual students and groups of students as directed by the class teacher during lessons.
- To assist teachers and advisors in the assessment of student learning and identification of strategies to improve achievement.
- To assist in the delivery and implementation of the Academy’s Literacy and Numeracy strategies by working with intervention groups.
- To implement the Academy behaviour policy and ensure all incidents are recorded on SIMS.
- To contribute to the implementation of the Academy Attendance strategy.
- Under supervision to work with parents to ensure they are informed of student progress, concerns and interventions and encourage them to support their children with learning strategies.
- To assist with the delivery of study support activities for students including homework clubs and coursework catch up sessions on a weekly basis.
- To contribute to the Extended Academy and Enrichment programme.
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- To safeguard the welfare of children.
- To report risk to a member of ELT.
- To keep the Assistant SEND Leader fully informed of all matters that they are involved in and initiatives they undertake.
- To cover for absent colleagues, as appropriately required.
- To participate and attend meetings and training as appropriate including INSET days.
- To take an active role in own professional development in line with performance management objectives.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To work in accordance with all Academy procedures and policies, to adhere to the Academy’s professional code of conduct for all staff and quality standards for all staff including smart dress code.
- To actively promote the achievement of a smoke free Academy.
- To actively support Academy Initiatives.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Hard working
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to work closely with other team members but also to work under own initiative at times
- Smart and polite as client service is essential
- GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Sep 2017