Apprentice Receptionist Dr N Burger Dr A Rahim & DR R Twomey
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at St John’s Medical Centre in Worcester. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
19 Oct 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at St John’s Medical Centre in Worcester. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career then this job is for you!
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection are observed at all times.
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with patient queries, providing a high standard of customer service
- Arranging hospital transport
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
At level 2 City & Guilds Diploma In Customer Service Practitioner
Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math, English
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
End Point Assessment
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
- Good interpersonal skills – Positive engagement, building relationships, questioning and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of patience, empathy and problem solving skills, when dealing with conflict
GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English desired but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Dr N Burger Dr A Rahim & DR R Twomey
You will have on the job training within the organisation, and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Customer Service Practitioner Qualification. You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a receptionist at this Surgery Practice.
The qualification will include:-
- Knowing your customer
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting the regulations and legislation
- System and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer Experience
- Product and Service Knowledge
- You will also be required to pass:-
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1/2
- Functional Skills English Level 1/2
- If you have not already achieved a GSCE Grade C or equivalent in the above Functional Skills qualifications.
- This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion and observation.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
LIGA (UK) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LIGA (UK) LTD
Helena Jacinto 0845 177 1880
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017