Trading Operations Customer Service Apprentice All the Extras Ltd
West Faversham Community Centre has become the hub of a wide range of activities and events for the local community in line with the charities overall objectives. The apprentice will be reporting directly to the Head of Trading Operations (HTO) and working closely with the Customer Service Lead, Head Chef and Head of Community Activities.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Reporting directly to the Head of Trading Operations (HTO) and working closely with the Customer Service Lead, Head Chef and Head of Community Activities, the post-holder is responsible for:
- Contributing to the preparation and planning of events both commercial and community focused.
- Assisting the HTO in ensuring our wet trade operations run smoothly and to a high standard
- Contributing to the planning for hiring is completed efficiently and effectively with the needs of the customer uppermost in mind
- Ensuring the weekly plan is delivered to achieve our guests expectations
- Contributing in a positive and proactive way to the general running of the building and safety and comfort of customers, staff and volunteers.
- Meet with the HTO and CSL weekly to ensure the upcoming weeks hires and events have been thoroughly planned for and resources are in place to deliver the customers expectations.
- Ensure event stocks are ordered in a timely manor for upcoming events and bookings.
- On a daily basis complete the elements of daily plan needed to deliver bookings and events successfully(i.e. setup of rooms)
- On a day to day ensure that customers receive a welcoming and efficient response to requests andenquiries.
- Make recommendations and where asked to lead in the development of new commercial events.
- Assist in or when delegated take the lead in planning for upcoming commercial events, including marketing and resourcing (both human and physical stock)
- Monitor the progress of sales for upcoming events and make recommendations to the HTO to improve any areas of concern
- Working with the Head Chef to assist with catering and other food trade when needed
- Assist in ensure the trading areas are kept inline with WFCA standards, including line cleaning, Hygiene and merchandising
- Working with the Customer Service Lead to ensure that volunteers are clear about their tasks and priorities for each day of the week to ensure customers needs are delivered.
- Help to ensure that volunteers understand and put into practice the associations commitment to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in line with the charity policies.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of usine Microsoft Office software
- Good customer service skills
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
All the Extras Ltd
NVQ Level 2 Customer Service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Canterbury College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017