Apprentice Facilities/Site Assistant Manchester Health Academy
Manchester Health Academy are looking to recruit and Apprentice Facilities/Sit Assistant to join their team based in Wythenshawe.
Closing date: 21 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
17 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To support general maintenance of premises, reporting damage under the direction of the appropriate senior staff within the Academy, assist in the provision of maintenance and security services on Academy premises and sites thereby ensuring a safe working environment.
To assist with the security of the premises and grounds, its contents and safe custody of keys and that all areas of the academy are prepared for relevant use
- Portering duties within and outside the building location assisting with arrangements where necessary for the movement of heavy furniture within the Academy and to set up furniture for the purpose of Academy events.
- To take deliveries of stores, materials and other.
- Reporting any repairs or carrying out general maintenance in the Academy, in accordance with the expectation of the Director of Finance & Corporate Services and Site Manager, reporting any safety hazards/unsafe practices in and around the building.
- To use all equipment in a safe manner and to ensure faults/incidents are reported to the appropriate member of staff.
- To undertake spring cleaning at the end of academy terms and as required.
- To undertake emergency cleaning (soiling of toilets, sickness, floods etc.) as necessary.
- To clear litter on a daily basis from academy grounds and playing fields.
- To assist site staff with legionella testing and to appropriately document to verify works carried out.
- To assist with regularly checks of the fire extinguishing devices and to assist in recording and signing off in the fire log book.
- To assist with checking weekly call point checks.
- To support and participate in the Academy Eco club, in particular recycling and arranging for collection of recycling waste.
- Assist the Site Manager and Assistant with the testing and control of emergency lighting.
- To liaise with staff and visitors on the progress of tasks or other site issues via email or in person maintaining a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Be aware of, comply with and ensure that all policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety and security, confidentiality are adhered to and report all concerns to an appropriate person.
General duties and responsibilities
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- To safeguard the welfare of children.
- To report risk to a member of ELT.
- To keep the Site Manager fully informed of all matters that they are involved in and initiatives they undertake.
- To cover for absent colleagues, as appropriately required.
- To participate and attend meetings and training as appropriate including INSET days.
- To take an active role in own professional development in line with performance management objectives.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To work in accordance with all Academy procedures and policies, to adhere to the Academy’s professional code of conduct for staff and quality standards for all staff including smart dress code.
- To actively promote the achievement of a smoke free Academy.
- To actively support Academy Initiatives.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic, gregarious and with a positive and helpful mind-set.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn with the ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Good organiser
- Positive attitude
- Self-starter, driven with a 'can-do' attitude
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or Equivalent.
About the employer
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Sep 2017