Apprentice IT Technician Manchester Health Academy
Manchester Health Academy are looking to recruit an Apprentice IT Technician to join their team based in Wythenshawe.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
17 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Under the direction of the ICT Network Manager and Technician you will assist in the maintenance of an effective and efficient ICT network. This will include systems and hardware. The main purpose of the role is to provide first line technical support, including troubleshooting and resolving user problems and undertaking specific maintenance and upgrade tasks as directed. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage, maintain and support the mobile resources for curriculum learning such as laptops and tablets; providing training and guidance to staff where needed.
- Undertake and support the delivery of training related to IT.
- Maintain a vast array of IT equipment in a fast moving and working IT network.
- Provide support (i.e., password resets, logging on issues, printing issues etc.) to all staff, students and visitors who require the use of ICT.
- Perform regular room and equipment checks to ensure maximum availability of ICT resources.
- Maintain an appropriate stock of all IT related consumables (keyboards, mice, printer toner / staples, projector bulbs etc.) and ensure they are regularly replenished as appropriate. This includes ordering supplies and hot swapping equipment as and when required.
- Maintain a diary of bookable resources i.e. Laptops, iPad’s.
- To assist in maintaining the Academy’s ICT asset register to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Remove equipment where it is not working and deploy replacement kit as directed by the ICT Network Manager.
- To assist with the installation of new PC workstations, laptops, printers and similar devices including software as required.
- To provide assistance and support to the Technician of the academy’s network.
- To assist the ICT Network Support team with managing other ICT related systems and equipment such as VoIP telephony; cashless catering; wireless access; digital signage etc., with the assistance of 3rd party suppliers where appropriate.
- To work with the ICT Network Support Team to ensure that the service provided to the academy is friendly, efficient and effective.
General duties and responsibilities
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- To safeguard the welfare of children.
- To report risk to a member of ELT.
- To keep the ICT Network Manager fully informed of all matters that they are involved in and initiatives they undertake.
- To cover for absent colleagues, as appropriately required.
- To participate and attend meetings and training as appropriate including INSET days.
- To take an active role in own professional development in line with performance management objectives.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To work in accordance with all Academy procedures and policies, to adhere to the Academy’s professional code of conduct for staff and quality standards for all staff including smart dress code.
- To actively promote the achievement of a smoke free Academy.
- To actively support Academy Initiatives.
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate – Word/Excel essential and Outlook desirable
- Enthusiastic, gregarious and with a positive and helpful mind-set.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn with the ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Good organiser
- Self-starter, driven with a 'can-do' attitude
- Positive attitude
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
About the employer
- Level 3 IT
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017