Horticulture Apprentice Gardener HECKFIELD HORTICULTURE LIMITED
Do you have a passion for gardening? Are you thinking about career in horticulture? Look no further! We are looking for apprentices to join our team to help restore our historic gardens and be part of the opening team of the luxury hotel in Hampshire.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
14 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Heckfield Place is a luxury country house hotel that sits among 400 acres on the Hampshire / Berkshire border.
It will have 46 individually designed rooms and suites, spa that is nestled in a secluded woodland setting with panoramic views over rolling fields, and its own working farm.
We are looking for Apprentice Gardeners to join our company and be a part of the gardens team helping to prepare the magnificent grounds for the opening of luxury country house hotel in Hampshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help restore the gardens and landscape that date back over 250 years.
Our future apprentices will work alongside our experienced team of gardeners across specific areas of the estate including:
- The ornamental garden with two walled gardens, Italian terrace and fine turf areas,
- 5 acre vegetable garden,
- An orchard with over 500 fruit trees,
- Pleasure grounds with mixed woodland, parkland, lawns and two lakes.
- Successful candidates will need to demonstrate a real energy, passion and enthusiasm for gardening.
- Your positive ‘can-do’ attitude and your impeccable standards of grooming will put you at the forefront of our recruitment process.
- We are trying to create something rather special in these lovely grounds and we would be pleased to hear from you if you are interested in joining the team.
Requirements and prospects
- Reasonable level of fitness and stamina, this is a physically demanding whole year all weather position
- Common sense approach
- Good communication skills
- Driving licence - would be an advantage as we are in remote location
- Positive attitude
- Passion for gardening
- Team player
- Focus on excellence
GCSE or equivalent grade D or above Maths & English
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sparsholt College Hampshire
Karen Jackson 01962 797452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017