Apprentice Bricklayer Jack Mackay Perkins
Are you looking to start a career in Construction? J P Builders is offering a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
J P Builder are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team and gain great practical experience while working towards recognized qualifications.
Duties will include:
- Layering building materials such as bricks, concrete, tiles and other construction materials.
- Constructing, altering, repairing, and maintaining walls, pathways and kerbs, floors, manholes and other related structures or surfaces.
- Read, understand and follow Architects’ working drawings.
- Place and compact aggregates
- Mix, pour and spread concrete
- Dig trenches for footings and services
- Use hand power tools for drilling, cutting and chasing during construction work.
- Use wheelbarrows to transport rubble and rubbish from building sites
- Help maintain good site housekeeping and practice workplace safety
- Perform other duties as required by Site Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Practical / Proactive person
- Knowledge of related tools, equipment and materials.
- Use own initiative
- Able to cope with the physical aspect of the role
- Problem solver/Logical
- Can work well in a team
- Have a sense of humour
We will be looking for candidates with C grade GCSE’s (or equivalent) in Maths & English, any relevant building experience or interest will also be beneficial.
Must have CSCS Card
Things to consider
About the employer
Jack Mackay Perkins
- NVQ Level 2 in Trowel Occupations
- Level 2 Crtificate in Bricklaying
- Functional Skills in Maths and English, if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Dave Green 0845 60 99 599 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017