Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship Eminence
If you have a passion about working as a hairdresser, Eminence could be the place to start. They are looking for an apprentice to join their team. They're a small, very friendly, afro-Caribbean salon who also do European hair styles.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Nov 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The small salon based in derby are looking for a bubbly, sociable, candidate to complete the following general duties of an Apprentice hairdresser:
- Manning the reception
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Training with models and eventually moving onto your own clients
- Looking after clients
- Providing drinks and magazines to clients
- Colouring and Cutting hair
Requirements and prospects
To be successful in this job role you will need the following skills:
- Willingness to learn new skills and the ability to pick things up quickly
- Work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- Able to work individually
- Able to use own initiative.
When working in a salon your personal qualities should include the following:
- You must be willing to talk to new people everyday, so must be confident with good communication skills
- You will be expected to take orders and complete all jobs when asked
- You must have a team mentality but also be able to use your own initiative
- Must be punctual especially as you will be dealing with your own clients
- Must be presentable and hygienic too.
GCSE A*-C in English and Maths or equivalent.
Experience is desirable but not essential.
About the employer
As for your training:
- You will be assigned an assessor who will visit you once a month to track your progress and go through your NVQ work with you.
- All the training will be done by the salon.
- All work will be done at the setting so no college days are required.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017