Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship Clare Lack
This is brilliant opportunity to become an Apprentice for a new Salon which is based in the heart of Exeter. You will be fully supported throughout your Apprenticeship by PGL Training as the Learning Provider.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Customer service- dealing with customers in a polite and efficient manner
- Dealing with clients, supporting stylist.
- Cleaning Hair and Beauty rooms
- Sock rotation
- Making refreshments for clients
- Booking appointments
- Dealing with walk ins
- Answering the telephone
- Carrying out Shampooing and conditioning services for clients
- Any other duties required by the Manager
You will be assisting Stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest level of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
By assisting the Salon Manager and the stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career.
Requirements and prospects
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Maintaining a tactful and friendly manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Openness to learning new ideas and techniques.
- Attention to detail.
- Kind and polite.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good Computer skills.
- Familiar with current trends within the Hairdressing and Fashion industry.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about Hairdressing.
- A friendly personality to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
- Good practical skills.
- Hard working.
- Enjoy helping others.
- A good sense of humour.
- Good time keeping skills.
No formal qualifications are required for the post; you just need to be willing to learn.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1 ( If required)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2 ( If required)
- Functional Skills English Level 1 ( If required)
- Functional Skills English level 2 ( If required
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017