Purchasing Apprenticeship. LINDY ELECTRONICS LIMITED
Reporting directly to the buyer, the purchasing apprentice assumes responsibility for the administration of procurement of goods and services in order to fulfil the needs of Lindy's customer base whilst also maintaining an economical stock holding.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Inputting new product information into ERP system as directed by product managers.
- Place purchase orders for new products where applicable as directed by product managers.
- To ensure timely delivery of all purchase orders placed, vis overdue order chase report.
- Updating ERP system based on information received from suppliers.
- Creating shipment tariff submissions for freight forwarder.
- Handing shipping documents and where nescessary updating ERP system and mailing to freight forwarder.
- Booking deliveries into goods inward via ERP system.
- Purchasing Stationary and sundry items as directed by buyer.
- Keeping internal SOP/POP system updated with product information and pricing as directed by product management department.
- Place purchase orders for out of stock products as directed by the buyer.
- Acquire quotes for air feight and book air shipments as directed by the buyer
- Provide dales department with product ETA's.
- To complete any 'improvment opportunities' resulting from stock ussues and to take the appropriate corrective action as directed by buyer.
- To lialise with lindy wearhouse departments for deliveries, test and quality control.
Performs other similar or related duties as and when necessary. Including any other reasonable instruction and any other task within their competence that is necessary to assist with the running of the business.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Can work in a team and individualy
- Excellent time keeping
- hard working
- "Can do" attitude
- Grade C or above in GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
LINDY ELECTRONICS LIMITED
- QCF Level 2 in Business Admin
- Funcation Skills
- Technical Certificate
Business and Administration
ITEC NORTH EAST LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ITEC North East Ltd
Laura Mcmaster 01325328443 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today