Engineering Apprentice. AE Aerospace Ltd
Engineering apprentice required to work on shop floor gaining an understanding of tools, bench work and metal work. To work in other departments gaining experience of all aspects of the business.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Engineering Apprentice required.
- Working on shop floor gaining an understanding of tools, bench work and metal work.
- Working in logistics to gain an understanding of shipping to clients, receiving metals, ordering and customer service.
- Shadowing in the sales and Accounts Department to gain an understanding of all aspects of the business.
- Working in the Inspection Department measuring and testing using gauges and micrometers.
- General workshop duties including packing and cleaning.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to learn.
- Practical ability.
- A mature attitude.
- Good communications Skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for engineering.
- Team Player.
- Self motivated.
- GCSE Maths grade C or higher or equivalent.
- GCSE English grade C or higher or equivalent.
- 3 additional GCSEs (or equivalents).
About the employer
AE Aerospace Ltd
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering- Manufacturing Technology.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal & Learning Thinking Skills.
- Please note: The Apprenticeship will be delivered at Lema academy, Lower Tower Street, Birmingham, B19 3NH.
- All applicants are to apply directly to LEMA and NOT A.E. Areospace.
Improving Operational Performance
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Kay Carter 0788 245 2154 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017