Child Care Apprenticeship Pixieland Day Nurseries
Pixieland Day Nursery, based in Plymouth, have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their experienced team and to undertake a career in child care.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
12 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The right candidate must be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs. You will:
- Carry out many tasks such as supervising childrens play time
- Engaging children in learning and play activities
- Keeping and updating records.
You will be working with a qualified team where you will be helping to maintain the high standards required for this position. You will also be required to attend staff meetings where you learn about the processes and procedures you will be following for this position.
You will be supervised by a qualified member of staff and must follow the companies procedures including health and safety in the workplace, as well as making sure that all play equipment and books are put away at the end of the day.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to have good communication skills when dealing with children and adults, and be reliable and hardworking.
- You must have the ability to follow procedures, and to work as part of a team along with being able to use your initiative when working alone.
- The successful candidate must have great leadership and organisational skills, and be confident in everything they do.
- You must have the ability to work well under pressure, as well as possess good problem solving skills and flexibility in your approach to work.
The successful candidate will need to be caring, reliable, and enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn in a professional busy nursery. You will need to be outgoing, flexible and show a willingness to progress and succeed in your own chosen career.
Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades A*-E in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as functional skills.
About the employer
Pixieland Day Nurseries
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (Level 1)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
All aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017