Receptionist/Customer Service Advisor THURROCK HOSE LIMITED
Work on the front counter and be the first point of contact for customers and visitors to the organisation. Providing excellent quality customer service and identifying customers needs and meeting their expectations.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
12 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key Functions & Responsibilities
• Be the first point of contact for customers visiting the centre.
• Provide a quality service to customers with prompt and courteous service.
• Always be well presented and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Provide the required service to customers be it;
o sale of off-the-shelf products
o replacement hydraulic hose assemblies using Pirtek hose assembly procedure
o arranging for a MSST to visit customer premises
• Assemble hydraulic hoses to customer requirements
• Use Pirtek IT systems to record and process jobs at all times adhering to the Pirtek ‘system’
• Actively promote Pirtek products and services to Centre customers
• Assist the Centre Manager with stock control/ordering and distributing stock to the MSSTs
• When required to use a company vehicle to deliver products
• To provide assistance to Centre staff within the franchise when requested
• Attend Centre meetings as and when required
• Attend Pirtek training courses as requested by management
• The day to day operation of the sales counter area ensuring:
o it is kept clean and presentable at all times
o the area is well stocked and merchandised
• Immediately report any stock problems to the Centre Manager
• Always follow customer requirements – if this is not possible consult with your Centre Manager
• Adequately communicate with customers especially if their requirements cannot be precisely met
Skills and Competencies
• Good communication skills both orally and in writing
• The ability to present yourself in a professional and courteous manner to customers and staff
• Basic mechanical knowledge
• Good manual dexterity and physical ability – for hose assembly and stock control
• Customer facing experience desirable
• Work experience in a technical/engineering environment advantageous but not essential
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Outgoing with good customer service skills.
- Able to present themselves in a professional and courteous manner.
- Willing and keen to learn.
- Well presented (uniform will be provided).
- Basic mechanical knowledge (although training will be given) but having worked with some hand
- tools would be advantageous.
- Basic IT skills (training given).
- Good manual dexterity and physical ability, for hose assembly and stock control (some heavy lifting will be required).
- Driving licence would be advantageous as later after experience has been gained they may be
- asked to assist with delivering parts to site.
- Well spoken.
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Flexible enough to help out when needed (without fuss).
No specific qualifications are required as training will be given, however a reasonable level of
intelligence is required.
The candidate would ideally have some mechanical knowledge or at least have worked with some
hand tools. If no prior work experience then maybe have some craft work or some form car repair
knowledge or maybe another craft where they have worked with their hands, although this would
be advantageous it is not essential as long as they are keen and willing to try.
Things to consider
About the employer
THURROCK HOSE LIMITED
Initially training will be given to allow the candidate to meet and greet customers, answer calls
and log call outs. As experience and knowledge grows they will deal more fully with providing a full
solution to customers requirements. we will also train the individual in some of the
administration duties allowing them to take on more responsibility and become a greater asset to
our business. In addition they will be sent on additional City and Guilds courses that on completion will allow them to make hydraulic hose assemblies for customers and further their career.
There are additional hydraulic foundation courses that can be attended but much later in a
career for the correct person.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
DAVIDSON TRAINING UK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Davidson Training (UK) Ltd
LORRAINE BUNYARD 01375 480088 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017