Chef Apprentice Natural Environment Research Council
This role would provide the opportunity to gain hospitality and catering experience in a busy but friendly on site restaurant, whilst working towards completing an apprenticeship in level 2 Professional Cookery.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To assist the Chef Manager in the effective and efficient provision of Catering Facilities to the local site community, CEH corporate offices, tenants and visitors to CEH Wallingford within policies, procedures and processes corporately agreed.
Specific areas of responsibility
- Assist Chefs with basic food preparation for all aspects of the restaurant including hospitality and occasional weekend functions
- Work with the Chef Managers guidance to achieve an NVQ qualification
- Assist with the server on the mains and deli counter during lunch
- Check deliveries, and store them appropriately in a timely fashion
- Assist other team members to maintain a clean and tidy restaurant including washing of pots and pans as and when required.
- Work as part of the Catering Team to achieve effective and efficient provision of the catering facilities, Customer services, financial control and profit/loss
- Assist with the daily clean-down process including clearing of surfaces and operating dish washer
- Understand Environmental Health requirements and adhere to these in the work place
- Assist with annual kitchen deep clean process, have a good understanding of the TM19 and COSHH
- Adhere to Health & Safety/Environmental on-line training requirements on an annual basis
- Any other duties commensurate with post
Responsibilities to be completed within:
- CEH Core expectations
- To meet CEH standards and expectations appropriate to role
- Environmental Health and Food Hygiene requirements
- Agreed Key Performance Indicators and Health & Safety standards
- Legal obligations (to include Environmental ISO14001, Health & Safety at Work Act etc)
20% of your time will be allocated to the completion of your apprenticeship in Professional Cookery, level 2. This will be completed and assessed in the work place; there will not be any day releases for college.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicates effectively with peers and more senior staff.
- Responds to customer requests quickly, efficiently and appropriately thereby developing good working relationships.
- Copes well with change.
- Makes active contributions and provides support to other team members.
- Able to manage a changing workload of long and short terms tasks
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- Takes responsibility for tasks within a project or service.
- Learns from experience and applies learning to new situations.
- Understands the core values in place of work.
- Knows when to seek advice and guidance when solving problems.
- Has a positive attitude to work
- Is motivated to learn
5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality
- English and Maths Functional Skills (unless exempt)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Oxford College
Farrah Hussain 01865 550866 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today