ICT Technician Apprentice - 12061 Bolton School Services Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
£15,807.00 - £20,138.00
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2017
11 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an individual to join a successful and expanding ICT department, with a team of 10 people.
As an ICT Technician you will work with the IT Helpdesk supporting over 2500 users from across the school. The successful candidate will be experienced with some exposure to PC Hardware, networking (DNS and DHCP) and Microsoft Servers, applications and services including Active Directory, Windows 7.
Key areas of responsibility will include troubleshooting and resolving desktop based system and printer related issues quickly in order to provide efficient and effective user support.
Strong problem solving abilities, excellent customer handling, being comfortable working under your own initiative, excellent organisational skills and a flexible approach to work are key for this role.
The successful candidate should have a good standard of education and sufficient relevant experience. Prior experience in an educational setting is desirable but not essential.
An attractive salary and benefits package is available. Further to this the school will support the successful candidate in completing an IT Degree Apprenticeship.
Responsibilities of the ICT Technician Apprentice:
1. To present a professional image and provide a high quality of customer service and support.
2. To act as a first line trouble-shooter providing effective and timely solutions to PC and server hardware and software faults and printer, print queue and print server faults.
3. To undertake the following:
- Provide support for all hardware and software to all areas of the Foundation
- Promote and assist with the use ICT within the school
- Provide a help desk service to the service users
- Provide a front line service to all staff and pupils
- Proactive system monitoring
- Provide training to staff on the use of school hardware/systems
- Setup and support Apple iPads.
4. To work as part of a team committed to enhancing the systems available to our service users.
5. To act as a trouble-shooter providing effective and timely solutions to Intranet/Internet, E-mail and learning environment faults.
6. To be a member of a project team as required.
7. To assist in some of the following areas:
- Creating and modifying user accounts
- ICT weekly tasks
- Documenting ICT Systems
- Providing an ICT advisory service to the school
- Developing and enhancing the use of ICT throughout the school.
- MDM support
8. To perform any other duties as may be required by the Head of ICT Services.
9. Comply with and promote the Foundation’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and maintain a safe environment for pupils, staff and visitors ensuring that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
10. To be familiar with relevant policies and procedures and to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people in School.
Requirements and prospects
Requirements of the ICT Technician Apprentice:
- Educated to A level or equivalent – including a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) with English and Maths.
- Have completed a level 3 equivalent qualification in IT.
- Able to work on own initiative, plan, organise and determine priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive and professional manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and collaborate towards common objectives.
- Desire to learn and develop personally.
- Willingness to work flexibly.
- Caring and kind, especially in relation to children.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an ICT Technician.
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C or above) or equivalent, including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Bolton School Services Ltd
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship: 13-15 months
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017