Apprentice Community Care Workers - Walsall based Tipton Homecare Ltd
Assist/supervise the taking of prescribed medication Personal care; bathing, toileting, etc. Completion of service user logbooks & related documents Escort service users to hospital appointments Light domestic duties - to include grocery shopping Preparation of light meals Encourage all service users to remain as independent as possible
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
12 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Personal care includes assistance with:
- shaving (not wet shaving)
- oral care
- continence care
- assistance with medication with the use of a medi-pack or blister pack
- assistance with getting up or going to bed
- making or changing your bed
- emptying commodes
- shopping for Service Users
- paying Service User’s bills
- collecting Service User’s pensions (giro only)
- assistance with Service User’s laundry and can include ironing
- preparing Service User’s meals
- vacuum cleaning
- light domestic tasks - washing dishes, dusting, cleaning of toilets and bathrooms etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working within a similar role in a care environment.
- Have a good geographical knowledge of Walsall and the local area
- Be reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Remain calm under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be flexible with your working hours
Desirable to have good English and Maths (GCSE Grade A-D or equivilent) however isn’t essential as full training and support will be given
Things to consider
About the employer
Tipton Homecare Ltd
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Skills & Knowledge relating to the role.
- Behaviours (Treat people with dignity, respecting individuals diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and prefrences etc)
- Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in Engish and Maths up to Level 2.
Healthcare > Healthcare Support Worker
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017