Advanced Childcare Apprenticeship Daisies Day Nursery
Busy day nursery looking for an apprentice who has already achieved Level 2 in childcare to join the team.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
11 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide opportunities for children to develop individually through play
- Provide opportunities for children to develop socially through play
- Take part in play with children
- Bring play opportunities to an end effectively
- Contribute to positive relationships with children
- Encourage children’s positive behaviour
- Respond positively to children’s unwanted behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with parents and carers
- Provide and plan a play environment which meets children’s needs
- Promote positive images through the play environment
- Maintain children’s safety during play
- Ensure the safety of the play environment
- Respond to injuries and signs of illness
- Follow emergency procedures
- Promote children’s personal safety outside the play environment
- Take part in outings and trips
- Help children to protect themselves from abuse
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills;
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Communication skills are vital in this role; successful applicants will be able to interact with children and staff
- Carrying out daily health and safety checks
- You must be self driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with the desire to succeed and make a contribution to the children’s learning and development.
- You must have a good sense of humour and a dedication to get jobs done
- Successful candidates will have a lot of patience
- GCSEs C or above or equivalent in Maths and English.
About the employer
Daisies Day Nursery
- You will be assigned an assessor who will visit the setting once a month to complete observations, dictophone discussions and question and answer sessions.
- This is a fully work based learning apprenticeship therefore no college days are required.
- You will be working towards an NVQ level 3 in Childcare and functional skills if applicable.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by esg
Chloe Gibbard 07590183612 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017